Janine A. McKinnon
Janine A. McKinnon, a native of Atlanta, Georgia, earned her Bachelor of Engineering from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, and her Juris Doctorate from Howard University School of Law in Washington, D.C. During law school, Janine served as Senior Articles Editor of the Howard Law Journal and received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Constitutional Law I, Wills, Trusts & Estates, Advanced Topics in Patent Law, and Securities Offerings, Registration & Disclosures. She was also a Merit Scholarship recipient and graduated in the top 25 of her class.
Upon graduating law school, Janine began her legal career at Maynard Cooper & Gale, P.C., an Am Law 100 firm based in Birmingham, Alabama, where she was a member of the firm’s Insurance and Financial Services Litigation Group, as well as the General Litigation Group. While at Maynard, Janine gained invaluable litigation and trial experience handling cases in both state and federal court in more than 12 states.
Janine went on to join Wettermark & Keith, a prominent personal injury firm based in Birmingham, Alabama, where she litigated premises liability, automobile accident, product liability, nursing home, and medical malpractice cases.
After practicing law for 10 years in Alabama, Janine returned home to Georgia and joined Dennis, Corry, Smith & Dixon, L.L.P in November 2020.
When she is not practicing law, Janine enjoys spending time with her son, distance running, and traveling. She is a proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Premises Liability Litigation
- Transportation Litigation
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense Litigation
Admitted to Practice:
- Georgia (trial courts only)
- All Alabama State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Eighth Circuit
- Howard University School of Law, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University, B.E. (Biomedical Engineering)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Alabama State Bar
- Mid-South Region Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2017-2020
- National Black Lawyers Top 40, 2016
- National Black Lawyers Top 100, 2015
- Birmingham Magazine Best in Minority Business Award for “Outstanding Attorney,” 2013